Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Delivery - Part II

It's Valentines Day and I'm not really into the glitz and commercialization of a once-a-year love fest. (Although it seems to be international as Beatriz told me this morning that they do the same thing in Spain on Feb 14th.)

But I have been thinking about the Valentines left on my door by the little creekers. (Other post) Here were some of their quotes:

"Happy Valentines day. Jesus loves you do to others as you would have do to you"
"Go God"
"Tank you for being such a grate pastor!"
"Pastor John I like you for anyone"
"Thanks Pastor John for teching us about the bible"

As I hear these I'm thinking: 'but these kids don't really know anything about my life. They don't understand the crisis' I'm going through with families. Or the struggles with my own family. Or the sin that I have to keep fighting to overcome. Or how I mess up every day trying to follow Jesus . . .'

Jesus tells us that we're to love Him like little children . . . and I wonder if the same isn't just as true in loving each other. What if we didn't see all the junk, and only saw each other like God sees us? What if we just saw 'grate friends' and liked people 'for anyone'?

That Romans 12 passage I've been talking about says: 'Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.'

Now that's the kind of Valentines Day I need! It takes practice, but let's try to love each other like the little creekers. Maybe even start by putting a note on somebodies door???

No comments: