Wednesday, February 13, 2008

4 Days n' Counting!

Went on my last short jog today (about 2 1/2 miles) before the AT&T Half Marathon on Sunday!
And per the countdown on the front page of the marathon website it's 3:14:40:10 until the gun sounds.

I'll rest my body for the remainder of the week as I've been told to do (although it seems kind of counterintuitive to me to work so hard for months and then just quit the week of the race!).

Besides my morning cup of joe, I'm just drinking water this week to make sure I get plenty hydrated. I'm also trying to get to bed & up in the morning as I'll have to get up at about 4:30 Sunday morning to get there (12,500 runners, plus volunteers, fans and the US Olympic Committee that will be there to scout me for the 2012 team!) and be ready for the start.
And then on Saturday night I'm gonna eat early and load up on pasta.

My anticipation builds . . . The lion will fall!

No comments: