Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Marathon Lessons . . . ONE ok, TWO better

Two ARE Better than One

The writer of Ecclesiastes talks about all these ways that two are better than one - to keep warm, to protect each other, to keep each other from falling . . .

I can tell you another one . . . to run a half-marathon. I was so blessed that my cousin decided to run with me instead of running the marathon. (This is a pic that Cindy snapped just before the finish line and that's him just inside me in the white).

I had done all my training by myself, but I don't know if I would have made it without him running alongside me - encouraging me and challenging me - but mostly just being beside me.

I have a pretty small family - 3 cousins total! And with the exception of one short season, we've never lived near each other or known each other well. So how cool it was that we got to spend over 3 hours together hanging out - just me and him. We hadn't done that in 20 years.

Life is a marathon. And how foolish when we try to it alone.

By ourselves, we will NOT reach our potential. It's just too big . . . and God designed us to need each other. . . He designed life to be done together.

AND not only that, but alone we will miss out on some huge blessings of great friendships.

What are you doing alone that you need to be doing with someone else?

2 comments:

Pam Teel said...

And why are you not in a LIFE GROUP!

John Bradshaw said...

Great question Pam for anybody out there!