Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pretenders - Part II

Still chewing on these verses in Romans 12: "Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other." (Romans 12:9-10)

'Take delight in honoring [blessing] each other.' God's been talking to me about being a blessing. So much of my life I feel like I go through as a policeman. Can anybody relate? Watching this and that. Correcting this and that. Instead of blessing, I'm busy policing.

God's job is to correct, mine (and yours) is to bless. OK, I'm speaking generally, I'm not saying that we NEVER correct our children or others - but what if we went through our day looking for ways to bless people. Not looking to judge, or critique, or justifying, or ignore. Just bless.

We have been blessed now for 4 weeks as Beatriz Lopez has been living with us. (This is her at the HS Girls GNO) Cindy and I believe that much of the reason God has put her in our familie's life is because she is a 'blesser' (and a blessing!)
It's like she is just continually searching for ways to serve and love others. It's amazing. She came here to learn about America . . . and this sweet young lady is teaching us much as we just watch. (I know that her parents in Madrid must be proud.)

I pray for a Beatriz in your life . . . and I pray that today you (and I) would seek to simply be a blessing.

No comments: