Friday, February 8, 2008

Daniel Fasting . . .

It was great to see in your comments how your doing your Daniel fast . . . you can check out that post and the comments here.

I'm fasting in a few different ways. The two that have to do with intake are areas that I've cut down somewhat in previous months but now I'm going to cut out completely. And those are sodas (Dr. Pepper has been my addiction) and fast food.

And then on the 'rest' side of my health - I'm fasting from the computer after 9pm. I know that I feel so much more rested when I'm not up in wee hours posting blogs! So off it goes in the evening.

If you haven't started yet, it's never too late! How can you use this period of lent to better focus on Jesus and His vision for your life?

And I think it's great for you to share with us . . . creates a little accountability.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Daniel fast is from TV. God prompted me about this several weeks ago when Pastor John did the sermon on the different paths, and asked what were our "thorns" choking God out of our lives. I was pretty sure God was saying you are wasting time in front of the TV that you could be spending with me...but, I didn't do anything about it at the time. It came through loud and clear when Pastor John discussed the Daniel fast, so at least until Easter, I'm TV free. Its harder than I thought, especially at the times when I normally turn on the TV - like when I come home from work or get up on the weekends. However, I have already discovered just how much time I was wasting and how much more productive I, and the Lord through me, can be without it. Thanks for the challenge Pastor John. I needed it.
Colleen