Saturday, February 23, 2008

Marathon Lessons . . . Hidden Potential

I was amazed at ALL the different ages, sizes, athletic inclinations and body shapes that were represented at the marathon!

As I began to look around, I confess that I looked at some folks - actually a lot of folks - and said how they can they do this? Maybe they're just watching? Say what?

And then later (or sometimes sooner!) I got passed by some of those same people!

I tend to look at Problems. The race helped me look at Potential.

God doesn't look at our problems. He looks at our potential.

Wow, what if we quit seeing problems with people around us and instead saw potential?? And then what if we told them about the potential we saw? And then what if we stood on the sidelines and cheered them as they used their potential?

I saw a lot of that going on in Austin. And I saw a lot of people with a lot of 'problems' fulfilling potential in incredible ways. Maybe you and I seeing the ability in those around us, are the answer to a lot of people running marathons . . .

No comments: