Sunday, February 17, 2008

THUD! (That was a lion falling)

Wow, I made it! I praise God that I was able to chase down and tackle the 1/2 marathon lion today -- it was awesome! (You can actually check out my race results here . . . That's cool!)

I want to share more in a later about some of what I learned through this marathon experience (and some more pics) but as I'm about to drop from exhaustion into my bed (even though I'm still excited even after a loooong drive home from Austin), I just want to a praise God for some things about this weekend:

- I'm thankful for my family being able to be there with me - that just increased the 'special' level
- I'm thankful for my Dad being an awesome chauffeur and dropping us off two blocks from the start (Thanks Dad!)
- I'm thankful for an absolutely incredible day to run on (50 degrees & sunny at start!)
- I'm thankful for my cousin giving up running the marathon to run with and encourage me (Thanks John, I don't know if I would have made it without you)
- I'm thankful for all the folks on the side of the road who cheered for and encouraged me for 13.1 miles
- I'm thankful for ALL of you praying for me
- I'm thankful for Dino Roseland stepping in from the bullpen this morning to preach at Oso Creek (Harold Teel got stuck in Mexcio) and doing what I heard was a fantastic job!
- And I am so thankful to God for giving me the vision in my life to chase lions that may seem insignificant to others --- and the strength to see them fall!

May all of us live to hear many thuds!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We miss you guys!!
The Mauldins

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I could not be happier for you!

Nathan L.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations John! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Danielle