Saturday, February 16, 2008

12 hours . . .

12 hours till game time. We're at my Dad's in Austin. Emily is here with us and we've gotten to catch up some -- that makes it worth the trip!

Went down to the convention center this afternoon and picked up my bib and my chip (they use a computer chip tied onto your shoe to be sure you pass the mile markers . . . and pretty cool they will also text people and let them know your times immediately after you hit the 5 and 10 mile marks . . . so Cindy and the girls are signed up) --- there was a ton of people at the exhibit hall and all kinds of running and health businesses were expoing there wares.

Hooked up with my bro-in-law and cousin there and we made plans for in the morning. Made the mistake of driving the route . . . Tons of mountains (or hills) . . . we don't have hills in Corpus!

My Dad is taking me and we're picking up my cousin at 5:45am on the way to the start. Early. Now, I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep . . . and for the lion to fall!

Can't wait to hear about the awesome message that Harold Teel delivers in the moring at Oso Creek. I think that it's healthy for the body to hear different voices that are seeking God . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you John!

Danielle