Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In the Pool!

I believe with all my heart what I talked about on Sunday that there are SO many 'Christians' who are missing out on FOLLOWING Jesus!
That there are so many that have bought into the lie that Christianity is about repeating four lines from a tract and then 'throwing God a bone' occasionally by showing up on Sunday or putting a few bucks in the basket (or some variation of a life spent just hanging around the pool).

And we MISS it! We miss the glory of living the Jesus life, we miss the power of ABUNDANT life, we miss the crux of what it means to follow Jesus, because we haven't first lived WITH Jesus!

And at the same time I want to balance that with the total importance of us helping folks cross that line of faith. Perry Noble has a great blog that links to another blog about a man named Pete. I encourage you to click here and read this blog. . . . and then read on here.

My we explode with the desire to be IN the pool with Jesus! And then pray and invite others all around us into the pool. Who around you needs an invitation?

1 comment:

Greg Richmond said...

Wow! Praise God!

Those who have heard my talk at Encounter know that my passion and conviction lies here. PETE is what Christ is all about! We are not the Judge! Praise God for His love and mercy - EVERYONE belongs in the Kingdom - I pray we all keep pressing so everyone will hear the Good News!

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE SECOND LINK TO SEE PETE's PICTURE.