Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Spirit and Word

How's it going this week Plugging In and staying connected to the Spirit?

I've had my ups and downs like you . . . but I do find myself much more aware of God's presence and that's awesome! And I do find myself reading the Bible more purposefully and intensely, that's really awesome!

As I said on Sunday it's the Spirit of God using the Word of God that changes our lives. I can remember when I first began to understand that the Holy Spirit uses God's Words to guide me in decisions and give me peace when I'm feeling frustrated . . .

I remember when I first started memorizing Scripture and then the Holy Spirit would call that scripture back to my mind . . . and now daily as I'm staying connected to God's Spirit and dwelling in God's Word my ears are so much more responsive to God's voice.

As I've said before the Holy Spirit is not magic -- He takes the Living Truth and reminds us of it and applies it to our lives in ways that change us . . .

Keep beeping . . . and listening!!!

No comments: