Friday, January 2, 2009

For Everything!

It's good to 'remember' and give God praise . . . for ALL things.

"always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." (Ephes. 5:20)

As I went back through my blog for 2008, here are some personal dreams fulfilled, family victories, Oso Creek victories, and life journey points that I praise God for . . . . . .

- Beatrice Lopez (from Spain) became our fourth daughter as she lived with us through May (How we love her and her parents!)
- For ALL the babies born to Creekers this year! (Wow, you guys are prolific!)
- We graduated 45 folks from our first Financial Peace class at Oso Creek!
- A Lion Fell -- I ran my first Half-Marathon in Austin!
- The Oso Creek Easter Festival made a comeback and you loved a thousand folks from our community!
- That both Laura and Sarah made All-District Soccer Teams! (They also got 2 of the 5 awards that the team voted on)
- For those of you who made trips to Mexico and loved the children and staff at the Pan de vida orphanage
- Our family ran Beach to Bay as a team
- Starbucks opened up one mile from my house :)
- Luke & I ran a 5k together
- Steve Garcia joined the Oso Creek Team as our Worship Pastor! Yes!
- I discoverd the world of cornhole!
- I got to go to DC and hang out with Mark Batterson and some other great leaders at Unplugged
-
Twice we 'left the building' on Sunday morning to serve our community
- Many of you gave us a gift for our 9th Anniversary at Oso by sending us on a weekend to an Astros game!
- We took over 30 Creekers to Leadership Summit and it was awesome!
- The opportunity that many of us got to go to Surfside and love folks who were devastated by Hurricane Ike
- For Matt Beveridge's life and the way he entered eternity with courage and grace (and opened the door for so many people to be impacted) . . . and for the way that all of you loved him and his family
- I got to continue to coach Luke's baseball team including our new team the CC Surge
- Jenny McDermott became part of our awesome Oso Creek staff
- That we were able to join with the City and begin being Corpus' Southside Recycling Center
- I got to go with Luke to a college football game in Austin
- The many of you who generously gave yourself way to Operation Christmas Child and Advent Conspiracy
- That Emily is rocking through her sophomore year at Oso Creek!
- Cindy & I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary!
- And I praise God for the vision that He has given us to be 'On Mission' in 2009 like never before!

No comments: