Sunday, January 4, 2009

Awesome Worship

It was awesome to be a part of how God showed up in Celebration this morning! We ended up with two totally different messages as the Holy Spirit took over at 9am and led us in a different direction.

After this morning, I was reminded all afternoon of how we discover God's power when we are willing to follow the Holy Spirit in simple, small ways.

I've also had a passage that I shared this morning on my mind all day . . . I wanted to remind you how true the psalmist's words are:

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the Lord." (Psalm 40:1-3)

2 comments:

Julie said...

the 9am service was exactly what my heart needed. thank you for leading us where the Holy Spirit took you.

Praise!

John Bradshaw said...

Thanks Julie, and praise God!