Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Main Things . . .

On Sunday we had 7 folks come to the Life Group Leader Training! That's awesome!

And just as awesome for me, is that every time I teach the class I'm brought back to why we're here. It's so easy for our purpose to get all foggy as we stumble through day after day life. . .

But when we back off, it's really all about evangelism, discipleship and multiplication.

First, God's purpose is that we would carry His life preservers around everywhere we go. He's in the business of rescuing people . . . for all eternity! And we have the privilege - in the power of His Holy Spirit - to share Good News with people all the time.
And yet, it's so easy to grow selfish and tired. BUT, this IS the most important things as followers of Jesus that we do with our lives!

Secondly, we get to disciple people in their journey! Wow, we get to help people grow . . . and to bear fruit.

And as we are faithful, the fruit of multiplication pours out of our life. Our lives are multiplied and our groups are multiplied and our church is multiplied.

So, every time I teach this class I'm confronted with this picture of a tree that represents my life. Am I growing and bearing fruit that is blessing others? Am I planting seeds that are resulting in new trees? Is my life being multiplied?

How about you?

No comments: