Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bring on the Soul . . .

Yesterday I had a terrible day. I said some things to people that I shouldn't have said. I completely missed some needs in other people's lives because I was concerned about myself. I got angry at some things I shouldn't have. All because I wasn't connected.

Last night as I stood at home plate with the umpires and opposing coach getting ready for a game, my beeper went off. 'What are you doing?' is what I heard. Why are these folks standing in front of you . . . just to flip a coin?

Yesterday morning I had an early meeting (6:30 am) and didn't get up in time before that to connect with God. I made some fragile attempts during the day, but really kept going my own direction.

But when I finally stopped and reconnected . . . my soul began to reorient itself towards God.

I'm desperately need my soul to be on a journey TOWARDS Jesus! Tomorrow we begin the 60/60 Experiment at Oso Creek. I urge you not to miss. This is going to change all of our lives if we are willing!

Remember also that you can sign up for the daily texts (or emails) with Scripture to meditate on -- click here to sign up.

No comments: