Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Beginnings!

It's only 11 hours into 2009 and I've already:

- Had my first cup of coffee (OK, Folgers @ home)
- Let our new dog out to go potty for the first time (She was happy to see me)
- Dwelled in the Word for the first time (Proverbs 1 & 2 Timothy 2)
- Ate my first breakfast bar (no comment)
- Went on my first run (Awesome weather!)
- Kissed my wife for the first time (VERY good!)
- Had my first shower (nice . . . I like showers)
- Woke my kids up for the first time (VERY late! :)

A lot happens fast! As I woke up this morning this came into my head: "If anyone is in Christ He is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come!"

Sometimes I don't understand all the 'hurrah' around New Years when so much of it is empty -- i.e. Party-go to bed-wake up late with hangover-have a day off-continue life as it was before.

But I like it in the sense that it reminds us that our lives can be FULL of Him and FULL of Life! There is a 'newness' to every moment that we walk with God. There are new adventures and great hope and joy around every 2009 corner as we seek Jesus!

No comments: