Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Relationships


I spent the afternoon and evening at Student Camp yesterday. It was awesome!

Camp is all about relationships. Hanging out and having fun with old friends . . . and new friends (and in the second pic they kind of embarrassed Luke when they had everyone in the cafe singing Happy Birthday!)

And best of all it's about relationship with Jesus. We all need desperately need Him. Kids these days need His wisdom and love and power to navigate through all the pot holes.

That's why it was incredible to watch last night as every single one of our kids went down to the altar at the end of worship so someone could pray for them. Camp is a safe place to seek him.

"Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30


Next year I wanna go to camp for the whole week . . .

No comments: