Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ON Mission!

Many of you remmber Todd & Tracy Fruehauf when they were at Oso Creek . . . Todd is deployed in Iraq right now, while Tracy & Liam await him in California where they are stationed.


I got the below email from Todd last week (and his permission to share it with you) . . .


It makes my eyes tear and my chest swell to hear Todd's courage and passion to serve our country ---- BUT, it makes me a hundred times prouder to hear how He is on MISSION serving the King of Kings!


Ephesians 6 says that we are ALL in a 'battle' - and it's not against 'flesh and blood' but 'against the rulers, the authorities, the powers of this dark world and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.'


As we all see our Kingdom Mission as clearly as Todd does, our world will be transformed . . .





Dear Friends & Family,


. . . I would first like to thank everyone for your continued prayers for me, Tracy, Liam, and my men. God has been so faithful in response to your prayers to keep Tracy, Liam, and I connected, to keep my men and I safe, and to provide the fellowship of other men who love the Lord here at Camp Hit. . . . I miss them more than words can express but God is using this time apart to strengthen our faith and to keep us from taking each other for granted.


About a month ago, one of my teams (Bill Nesbitt, Marshall Palmer, and Matt Walther) was attacked by an IED during a post blast investigation. Luckily everyone was inside of the armored vehicle at the time of the strike and NO one was injured. The vehicle they were driving sustained significant damage but shielded the guys inside from the blast and shrapnel resulting from the explosion. I am convinced that everyone walked away from this as a direct result of the thousands of prayers lifted up on our behalf. With tears in my eyes I thank you.


Two days ago, my team and I responded to the District Iraqi Police Station to pick up some ordnance they had. During our visit we were introduced to several Al Qaeda insurgents who had been detained over the last couple months. I was very unprepared for the emotional roller coaster that this would take me on. One of the insurgents was only 20 years old and had been raised by his father to kill Americans. I looked at every one of them square in the eyes and every one of them looked away first. It showed me that they knew in their hearts that they had done wrong. God has written his law on the hearts of all people and it was evident even through the stone cold façade the insurgents portrayed to us. It is hard to describe how I felt, but the Lord gave me compassion toward them and I felt the need to forgive them in my own heart despite the lack of regret they showed for the things they have done.


. . . God has truly blessed me with some awesome fellowship this last month. As surrounding camps close down, more Marines have been consolidated to Hit. I have met 5 Marines who truly are passionate about the Lord and want to serve Him with their whole heart. I leave every meeting encouraged to love and pursue the Lord better and love my family more. A list of the guys to pray for: Austin Barnhill, Isaac Hanson, Daniel Harrison, Fernando Urena, and Jeremiah Farrell.
These guys are scattered throughout 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines and are actively pursuing the men they lead to share the Lord with them.


It has been so encouraging to watch the Lord move in Iraq. He is pursuing the hearts of those who do not know him and he is strengthening his children on a daily basis. We have started a Tuesday Prayer & Worship Meeting, a Wednesday night Purity Accountability Meeting, a Thursday night Bible Study, and a Sunday Evening Service in our Chapel here in Hit. On average there are 30 Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors who attend the meetings and we are seeing new faces every week. Please pray for this.


Please pray that the Lord would continue to strengthen this group of believers in Hit, that the Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors here would see their need for God and would see the greatness of his provision for sinners in Christ. Please continue to pray for Tracy, Liam, and I that we would love each other more everyday and that the Lord would begin to prepare our hearts for the reunion that isn't too far away. Please pray for Tracy and Liam's provision and protection in my absence. Finally, please continue to pray for my men and their safety. I cannot thank you enough for your continued support during this time. I look forward to the day I can see you all again.


I love you all.
Grace and Peace,
Todd


1 comment:

Jade said...

when I got Todd's email, it brought tears to my eyes too. It's a blessing to me to see such courage all around me, from Matt to Todd to so many people we know. We continue to fight!