Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grab Hold of the Journey!

Your Family For Life's Journey . . . .

That's our Vision Statement.

As I've been reflecting on 9-years here, I've been thinking about the incredible journey that we've been on.

And yes, from a school to a campus, from a handful to hundreds - and all that goes with it --- but more importantly where the journey has taken us into the hearts of people and our community.

One thing I'm learning - that becomes clearer to me each day - is that it's about faithfulness, persevering. It's about engaging in and loving the Journey.

You see a kink can become a knot when we focus on a destination. We've got a building, or we've got another pastor, or we've got another hundred people. 'We've Arrived!'

No. Jud Wilhite talked last week at Unplugged about how 'The Summit' is a state of mind. There is really no 'there' there.
And that's so true. It's about trusting God and waking up every morning and looking for Him to show up. It's telling as many folks as we can about this incredible journey that we are on with God. It's about looking for God's next adventure and abandoning ourselves to it.

It's about the Journey, and it's up to you.
I hope that God allows me to be here for at least another 9 years, but more importantly I hope and pray that we will passionately grab hold of the Journey as never before!

No comments: