Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Luke's 14th

Today this little guy is 14.

We blink and our children's lives pass by like a lonely plane in the blue sky and suddenly we're just left with a vapor trail of memories that remind us of how things once were.

And I'm reluctantly - yet thankfully - drawn back into the psalmist's sobering words:

"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away. . . Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 39:4, 90:12

As I get older I get more emotional about these things. I so want to love him well through these slippery and steep teenage years . . . I will not get a second chance.

And yet many times I let little things get in the way.

Will you pray for Luke today . . . and pray for me?

And where is it that you need to be reminded today to number your days with wisdom? Who - or what - is passing by quickly?

3 comments:

Tray said...

prayed for you guys....
I dont know if he was standing on something in that picture with his sister.....but if not, he is getting tall.

Tray said...

sisters

John Bradshaw said...

Thanks for praying Tray! I'm praying for you and Benton right now! What a great young man you've got!