Saturday, July 12, 2008

Passing It On

This afternoon our kids (Sarah, Laura and Luke) helped Cindy and I put out cards and bags for the food pickup tomorrow. (And YES, remember, one gathering time tomorrow - at 10am - for Serving Sunday!)

I'm thankful they went, and it reminded me again of how I need to expose my kids to more ways to give themselves away. Just this week I was emailed a great article about practical ways to encourage our children to give themselves away that change lives. Check out the article by clicking here.

And then I was also reminded this week - and again today with my kids - of how important it is to be intentional about WHY we serve.

We give ourselves away not just because we're 'nice people' or want to do 'good things.'
But we give, because God has given freely to us.
We give because we are called to allow the Light of Jesus to live through us and to glorify God with our lives.
We give because we are all called to the single mission of seeing people embrace the forgiveness of Christ and live in the Kingdom of God.

How I desire that to become more and more my mission - and our mission - in life.

No comments: