Friday, May 1, 2009

Vision 09' Update - Part V

On Mission - International


For about a year now the leadership has been praying about how we can connect internationally with a nation, region or unreached people group with a long-term view for the Kingdom.

Jesus told us in Acts 1:8 (my version again) that: 'When the Holy Spirit comes you will be filled with My Power. And you will go and live out my story all over the planet. On your street, at your job, in your City and across the world!'

It was not an either, or (locally or globally) -- but AND (glocally).

Now, here's a cool part that many of you haven't heard -- In 14 days (on 5/14) I leave for two-weeks in Thailand and another Asian Country. It's an awesome door that has been opened.

In the first country I'll be observing a group who has been there for over 10 years. Watching how they have built relationships and blessed the people. And seeking to build relationships and look for opportunities. And doing the same in Thailand.

And I want to be clear that I'm not going there to do all the 'work.' Think of it this way, I'm going as an 'advance scout' - searching for ways that you can use your gifts and vocation and resources to build into people's lives.

We want to have a long-term development approach, not just a short-term 'trip' approach. Yes, there will probably be many short-term trips, but they will all create a long-term bridge.

Through relationships I'm searching for: How can we can help with water/food supply? Ag development? Sanitation needs? Education or technology development? Small business building? . . . Whatever the needs might be, that match the gifts and experiences God has given us . . . And through those relationships be Kingdom builders.

Stay tuned . . . this is awesome stuff!

1 comment:

Jade said...

i meant to comment on this the other day...well on all your posts of the vision, but when I read this, my skin prickled and I got really really really excited.

so excited to see what comes of this