Wednesday, May 27, 2009

More New Thai Friends . . .

I've spent most of the day with Campus Crusade for Christ staff here in Chiangmai . . .

Following Christ here is much different as less than 1% of Thai's are Christians . . .

All of the staff have told me their stories of how they grew up as Buddhists . . . awesome, incredible stories of ow God has worked in their lives!
They inspire me with their stories of faith and their heart to share life with everyone! It convicts me of how easily and often we forget what God has done for us . . . WHY??
All of them have at least 4 or 5 people that they are discipling at a time . . . Reminds me that we are called not just to be followers, but disciples (and disciplers!) or we so miss the fullness of our faith.
Mike Christian has been hauling me around and is an American who started CCC for Christ in this region and has been here since 1986. (Don't have a pic of him yet.) They call him 'Uncle' as a great sign of respect . . . very cool to see all the fruit God is harvesting through him . . .
These are pics of some of my new friends . . . The first picture is of BJ & Dew (I've been calling her 'Mountain Dew'!)
BJ is the CCC director for the northern part of Thailand . . . and has an incredible family story that I will probably share soon.

Dew has been on staff for 9 years . . .
The next pic is Moo -- what a sweet girl, she comes from a Chinese Buddhist family near Bangkok . . .
And then Ruben (who I've been kidding about having a hip American haircut) who also comes from a Buddhist family. Ruben was the first Christian in his entire village and goes back sharing his story with the entire village!

Your Kingdom come . . .

1 comment:

John Richerson said...

Sounds like a very full day bro. You are making lots of friends. Wish I was there.