Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crazy Day!

My first flight from Chiangmai to Bangkok was cancelled! No way I was going to make my connection, so after a Thai conversation with my friend Aoum they put me on another airlines (Nok) ---- to a different airport in Bangkok . . .

After a short bus ride and a 45-minute van ride I made it to the Suvarnabhami airport . . . but its a van ride I'll never forget! Heck with anything I said about the motorcycles in Hanoi, this guy was possessed! They had 14 of us crammed into an 8 passenger van - it was raining about an inch a minute, the windshield wipers were barely working, and this guy had never been told about hydroplaning!

I don't know the conversion but at one point during the rain - in city highway traffic - he had the speedometer pegged at 150 kmh (and I had just seen a speed limit sign that said 80 - and did I say it was pouring!) and he was using all 4 lanes to pass. And none of the other passengers even blinked!

Waiting now for flight to Taipei (and typing this on this internet kiosk) . . . 3 hour flight, then off across the pacific to LA!

Wow, it's been a quick and awesome 2 weeks, now I've got the next 24 hrs to reflect on it . . .

Your Kingdom come!a

No comments: