Monday, December 10, 2007

What a Week!

What impact a week of solitude can have! I praise God that I was able to spend last week in the Hill Country listening to God.

For the second year in a row I stayed at an awesome bed & breakfast that gives free nights to pastors, but is an incredible place for anyone to stay. Because of how they have impacted me I want to encourage you to check them out (take your wife their for a weekend guys!) - it's the Haven River Inn in Comfort, Tx.

Here's just a few of the places that God was speaking to me during the week (I'm sure that I'll be talking more about these in the future):

- Mark 4 - What kind of soil are you?
- Romans 15:13 - Am I missing joy because I'm not able to trust?
- Luke 1:46-55 - How is my soul glorifying God?

1 comment:

Greg Richmond said...

God is Awesome!

This past Saturday morning the men's Chasing the Lions group met without Pastor John and I shared some shortcomings in my life (relating to Mark 4) that I have often felt that I am the seed planted in insufficient soil that hears the Word of God and what He wants of me, responds with great passion, and sprouts up quickly (proudly even), only to wither or shirk away when real life challenges or opportunities to get outside the "comfort box" for Christ show up. But we talked about how God doesn't want us to dwell in that attitude of failure and guilt - He loves us so much and celebrates every time we DO sprout up in the Spirit and serve Him! I just want to encourage everyone to commit to the daily bread of the Word each morning in order to enrich your soil and sustain your growth even against the harshness of worldly attacks we all face. Wow - that was very metaphory (not a word) - but I know from my experience we HAVE TO get in and STAY IN the Word, prayer, and fellowship - then every one of us will be God's seed planted in the good and glorifying soil!

Men - if you haven't had a chance to read Chasing the Lions or come to our Saturday morning meetings - please come by at 7:30am (you can sleep in next year) this Saturday even if you don't have a book or haven't come before - you won't regret it!