Sunday, December 2, 2007

This Week

I've expressed to you before my rhythm of having time to be in God's presence in solitude.

I need it every morning.
Monthly, I need a day and night away to clear my thoughts and focus on Him.
And yearly, I need a week to go away and remove all the distractions and reconnect with God in a deeper way.

This next week is my annual week away. I've done it the first week of December for 3 years now. I'll be gone to a small place in the Hill Country, leaving all my technology behind (OK, I take my cell phone but only turn it on at night to call my wife).

Just the other day I was emailed a great little article on the discipline of solitude. I encourage you to read it - click here - because it's something that not just pastors, but ALL of us need.

And I ask you to pray for me this week. That I will humbly listen . . . and hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you...I know how awesome that time will be and you can count on my prayers for you! ~syl