Friday, October 12, 2007

Hard Day

Today was a long, hard day. Started early but never really got off the ground. You ever have those days when it just feels like you drag your chin on the cement all day?

In the midst of it somebody gave me 1 Cor 15:58: "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

Stand firm. Let nothing move you. God is faithful. A great word for the hard days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey John,

I just subscribed to have your blog sent via email. Speaking of Hard Days, our small group met tonight--we've been having great discussions in James. The hard day part came at the end when I wrote down prayer requests. It seems almost everyone is hurting: loved ones w/cancer, students involved in car wrecks, one lady just asked that we pray for her nephew who has been living w/her. She said, "Please pray for Matthew's life." At first I thought she was joking but then she began to cry and I realized life is hard. Thank you for your scripture reminder that we should stand firm in Christ and let nothing move us. Our God is faithful and his mercy and love endures forever. God bless you and your family. Arch

Pam Teel said...

I pray tonight finds you standing firm on mountain top grounds!