Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pointing to God

As we read through the gospels we see that Jesus' primary occupation was pointing others to the Kingdom of God. He simply called us to follow Him.

Colossians 4 tells us: "Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity."

And yet when we're honest, why is that so difficult? Why do we struggle with caring about others enough to point them to God? . . . . . .

Obviously it begins with a heart full of the Spirit's hope. And asking God to give us a desire to give that hope away. And we must begin to live wisely . . . .

Click Here to read a great (and short!) article on paying attention to others and pointing them to the Kingdom of God.

What are ways that God has used you lately? Please encourage us by sharing with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought Corpus Christi Appraisal Service 7 years ago. At that time we were holding regular Bible Studies and almost every one in the office was attending. Most of the employees would have readily admitted to being Christians. Somewhere along the way, the Bible Studies stopped, but I continued to see spiritual growth in our employees. This year, many of those people have left, and we have acquired a new slate of personnel. A few days ago I heard something in my office I hadn't heard ever -- not once, but twice -- curse words rang out. It stopped me in my tracks. I didn't admonish, but began to think "what's different"? Is it because the Bible Studies stopped? But as I read this post, I realize it is a new opportunity for me to show the face of Christ to a whole new set of people. Lord, make me willing and able.

Pam Teel

John Bradshaw said...

Amen! Go God go! Go Pam go!

Anonymous said...

I daily ask Christ to lead me to those who need to feel his loving touch. I ask each morning to be the hands and feet of Christ to all. I feel that this post shows your since desire to seek God and to be free from those things hindering you from being the hands and feet to all you come in contact with. We all have room to grow and I believe it starts with recognizing where we have fallen short.