Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:12

I spent the day in San Antonio today with a friend and church leadership mentor, Jeff Harris. Jeff pastors Grace Point in SA and is a few years ahead of me in the church leadership journey. (You can check out his blog here.)

Sometimes I think I'm crazy driving 5 hours in one day just to spend 3 hours with a mentor. But I need it. Jeff asks the right questions that help keep me sharp and focused. He's a great outlet for those issues a pastor must plow through. Sometimes we talk about some hard things, but I would summarize by saying that when I leave my soul and my vision are both a little sharper.

Who sharpens your soul? Who helps your vision stay clear? Who are your 2, or 3, who help you stay focused on Jesus and His calling for your life?

1 comment:

Pam Teel said...

Easy one for me to answer -- my accountability partner; my Emmaus Reunion group sisters; the ladies of my life group. . .