Thursday, October 4, 2007

Great News for Oso Creek!

We heard some great speakers today at Catalyst and I will tell you more in a later post but now I want to tell you about some great news we got just before I left for the conference.

In 2004 Willow Creek Community Church began an in-depth survey of their church to discover if what they were doing was really having lasting spiritual impact. What they found was disturbing.

So then they took 30 other churches and surveyed them as well. At the Leadership Summit, which about 30 of us went to in August, their findings were summarized in Reveal. And Reveal is not just a book, but an ongoing study of how we can make a difference. When I read it, I was stopped in my tracks. I've been thinking about it ever since . . . with the rest of our leadership who has been reading it.

At the Conference Willow Creek announced that they were going to pick 500 more churches around the world who would participate in the next phase of the study. And for no cost because an individual in seeing it's incredible value, had completely underwritten it.

Well we found out earlier this week that WE WERE CHOSEN!! Of the thousands of churches who signed up, God is allowing us to participate in this journey!

I can't tell you how excited I am! We won't get to just read the data from the outside - but survey our church for the sole purpose of seeking how we can help people know Jesus more and more!

You can even click here and see a short video that shows the heart of reveal. And then get ready Creekers! In just a few weeks we'll begin what could very well be a revolutionary process in the Kingdom of God in Corpus Christi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THIS is an awesome answer to my prayer for our fellowship!!!! Praise God...may we be faithful to heed the knowledge we will gain from this wonderful tool. ~syl