Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Still Before God

In a few minutes I leave to spend a night and day being still before God. I need it.
I've discovered that I need a regular rhythm of being quiet before God or the chaos of life scrambles my mind and heart.

This is the rhythm that restores me:

Daily - As the psalmist I, at the very least, need a Repentant heart before God.
"Search me O' God and know my heart, try me and and know my anxious thoughts. See if there be any hurtful way in me and lead me in the way everlasting."

Monthly - I need a day and night (or at least a day) away to find Rest and Renewal.

Yearly (for me in December) - I need a week away to add to the above, Recreation (and that's not golf, but RE-Creation, getting in a place to allow God to break down and reform hard places in my soul) and Revisioning (revisioning my life on Jesus' vision).

This is what I need for continual restoration. Let me know, how are you finding continual restoration in Jesus?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great place to plug the upcoming Encounters!

Pam Teel