Friday, December 19, 2008

Emergency Relief

This afternoon I got a call from our oldest daughter Emily that she had a blow out on I-10 between Junction and Kerrville - a desolate stretch of road. And I couldn't get there to be with my daughter and help her. That's a sick feeling. Very sick.

I was so thankful for the TXDOT service vehicle that changed her tire and got her going (I had already called the State Troopers to come to her rescue and was about to call the Marines!)

The entire episode reminded me of a friend in Dallas who had a passion to love people and share Christ with them - and mechanical skills. So he equipped a truck with all kinds of supplies for fixing tires, batteries, etc and a cooler of soft drinks . . . and he would cruise I-30 and LBJ in Dallas on the weekends searching for stranded motorists. He would fix their car, give em' a cold drink, and let them know how much God loved them!

That's awesome!

What's your 'Service Vehicle'? How are searching for the stranded?

No comments: