Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Economic Problems . . . or Possibilities?

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

One of my core convictions is that God has called us to live differently. So much of the way we live is just reflecting the substance and style of the world. That's not following Jesus. That's not being salt and light in the world. That's just having Christianity as a side bar to access when it's convenient.

On Monday night at our Leadership Meeting I talked about the current economic crisis and the opportunity that God has given us to respond in a way that honors Him AND blesses others.
I am full-on excited about what God is going to do in this season as we seek Him in the ways that I talked about.

We recorded my leadership talk from Monday to make it available for you to listen to. (It's around 25 minutes) I hope you'll listen to it. I also copied the fill-in-blank outline that I gave the leaders below . . . you can click here and listen to audio and follow along with the outline.


1) Ask God to give you ______________________________

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” Philip. 4:11-13


2) S________________

“But I am afraid, lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.” 2 Cor 11:3


3) G__________ G______________________

“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.” Malachi 3:10 NIV


4) Get out of ___________________

“The borrower becomes the lenders slave.” Prov 22:7


5) Expect _______________________

“For I can testify that they gave not only what they could afford but far more. And they did it of their own free will.” 2 Cor. 8:3







1 comment:

Tray said...

I love where you are....as a pastor, as a church, and as a visionary. God DOES want us to give ourselves away, to be his hands and his feet....to love our neighbors. I pray you continue to EXPOSE the crisis, continue to encourage Creekers to EXPERIENCE the crisis...so that they will ENGAGE it. Not only corporately, but individually.
Keep pressing on my friend.