Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Love

Michelle Needham leads an Oso Creek outreach to expecting and new Moms and families. She is an incredible blessing!
She also faithfully sends them an encouraging email every week and I thought that what she said last week would be great encouragement for ALL of us during this season . . . So I challenge you to check out her email below . . . and follow her encouragement this week!


Hi Ladies,


I know this is somewhat late in the week to be receiving this, but I didn't want you all to think that I had forgot. This week has been filled with much busyness. It is so easy to forget the reason for the season when your running around like a crazy person trying to find that one item that is sold out everywhere. I'm sure God is looking down at me thinking, "O.K. Michelle, there are people who could us your help right now, but you are busy hunting down a toy that you will probably have to pick up at least a hundred times before it ends up in a garage sell." As always he quickly helped me to put things in perspective when I received a call for help from an expecting mother.

Christmas doesn't stop the troubles that we encounter everyday. I think sometimes we think that during Christmas all is Merry. It is a beautiful season we celebrate and I believe that satan gets jealous of the attention Christ gets, so he works twice as hard to make some peoples lives miserable. I believe that as women of God we are blessed with the gift to encourage others. If we use it or not is another question. Sometimes it's hard to find the right words to say, so I try to leave that work up to the Lord.

In Hebrews 10:24 it says, Think of ways to encourage one another to outbursts of love and good deeds.

If there is someone in your life, be your children, neighbor, spouse, friend or someone you casually meet out and about, or maybe someone you don't even know, think of this verse and try do what it says. By doing so, you will be a blessing to others in this blessed time of year. God will look down on you and smile, because you are doing his will.

Lord, I thank you for your son Jesus and for bringing him into this world to be with us. May we be willing and obedient participants in your plan for our lives. May we cease this opportunity that you so loving put in our paths, to be an encouragement to others. Help us to keep our focus on you, Lord. Show us your ways of love and good deeds. May we honor you in doing so. If we are the ones that need the encouragement, Lord, may you so loving provide us those needs. Help us to think...pause...then speak, so that your words will come forth. Thank you Lord for these women and the precious little lives they carry. I pray that you will be with them all the days of their lives and that they seek you first in everything. We love you Lord and praise your glorious name. In Jesus name we pray.

I love you all and continue to pray for you regularly. I am hear for you.

Your Sister in Christ,

Michelle

No comments: