Saturday, December 27, 2008

Best Decision I Ever Made!

OK, spiritually speaking my decision in 1982 to follow Christ was the decision that has impacted my life the most for eternity . . .

But the decision that I made in 1986 to marry Cynthia Jean Barnett was right behind it. Today we celebrate 22 years together.
It's kind of funny, we're staying in the same hotel that we stayed in on our wedding night (hey quit it, we got 4 kids with us OK!)

Has it always been easy? No. Has it been worth it? Heck yes! And it gets better and better every year.

A couple of thoughts of encouragement after 22 years:

1) Fight for it - When I've wanted to give in or quit - or just be jerk - nothing makes me fight harder than to think about the generations of influence we can have as we seek to be faithful in the good times and bad

2) Keep Dating - We do that on Thursdays at lunch right now - Find regular time for just you two alone - keep it fresh, keep it real.

3) Stand in the gap for your spouse - Nothing brings me back to thankfulness for Cindy more than when I pray for her - for God's power and blessing in her life.

2 comments:

Jade said...

im so proud of you guys for holding the camera out so well with one hand. You guys are cute :):) Happy Anniversary! Hey our THREE year anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 22 years! So, how come Cindy looks as beautiful as she did 22 years ago and John, well...

Love you guys and God bless!

Philip and Amy (20 yrs. & counting)