Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Contagious!

We're in the last week of giving for Advent Conspiracy and I pray that you still seeking to give all you can to compassion.
What a blessing to be able to bless those in need!

And the impact of living compassionately is contagious. Check out this story of one of our Creekers - Jenny McDermott - when she shared AC with her family . . .


Over thanksgiving we had gone home to Chattanooga to spend time with our family and I began to tell them all about how our church was doing this advent conspiracy thing. I went on to tell them how we were spending less on presents this year and having more compassion on those who need it the most. I told them how were giving the money we saved to living water international and to mission 911, a local shelter. I also told them that Matt and I were going to give money in all our families name's instead of givng presents to them. They were all fine with this and we soon came back to TX. About a week or two ago I got a phone call from my sister telling me that she thought that what we were doing was awesome and let me know that she and her family were giving money in our names to samaritan's purse. My mom also called and my parents are now doing the same for us and her brothers. My sister in law (Matt's sister) also called and told me that they are giving money to the local homeless shelter in Chattanooga in all our names. And this is all from me spreading the news about advent conspiracy to them. So, we are now all giving the money we would have spent on each other to different ministries. It feels great that we all are in this together.


Way to go God!

1 comment: