Friday, October 17, 2008

Inspired!

INSPIRED! As I continue to reflect on Matt B's life, that word keeps flashing in my mind and spirit. Inspired.

Matt was only a follower of Jesus for 4 short years. But on Monday, as we celebrated his life, when I asked everyone to stand who Matt had influenced spiritually or influenced through the courage with which he went through his illness - probably 90% (my son says 99%) of the people crammed (and I do mean crammed!) into our worship area stood. And then it was awesome how spontaneous clapping broke out. If you weren't there I'm sorry you missed that moment. A slice of heaven.
We were clapping for a life well lived.

The impact ONE life can have! That should inspire us! The impact of one - far less than perfect - but given to the King, life. Can you imagine the ripple effect of the 800 or so folks crammed in that building on Monday and the countless others who couldn't be there . . . .

I'm inspired to give more of myself to eternity. Thanks Matt.
As Matt heard a week ago today, one day I so want to hear God say, 'Well done good and faithful servant.'

How about you? How have you been inspired by Matt's story/life? What are you going to do with it?

No comments: