Thursday, October 2, 2008

Eyes on the Prize

As I've continued to read through Matthew with my discipleship group guys, some of Jesus' words in Matt 10 have hounding me the last few days:

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven." (Matt 10:32-33)

I think about the amount of time, as I go through my day, that I ignore God. I just miss His presence. Sometime tells me about an occurrence in their life that is really a miracle - and I say: 'O that's cool.' No, that's GOD!
I have a prompting from the Holy Spirit to just go and start a conversation with someone. And I ignore it.
I'm with friends and see a side of the Creation that brings awe and fail to simply say: 'Praise God!'

I don't think these verses are just about wearing a sandwich sign that says: "Repent, the Kingdom of God is near!"

It's about this continual desire to hear God and follow Him. It's about the ever-deepening relationship that He desires to have with us.

I tell you what, that's what I so desire to keep growing in my life. And faster please! :)
That moment by moment I would acknowledge Him and follow Him. I've got a long ways to go. I just keep reminding myself: 'Eyes on the prize, eyes on the prize . . . '

No comments: