Friday, August 15, 2008

Still Hard

About 2 hours ago I said 'goodbye' to my little Emily for another year of college at Hardin Simmons . . .

Dang it!!! I thought this was gonna be easier this year . . . I thought that since I had been through the trauma and angst that it would be like sending her to HEB for a gallon of milk.

And then as she and her Mom pulled out of the driveway that some flood of emotions spilled over again.

It's not easy being a parent, but it seems even harder to try not being the parent that you've been for so long . . . or at least letting go of so many of the parts of parenting that have become so much a part of your life. Not to mention physically letting go - as you must - of a child that you love so much.

I don't guess that it will never get easier . . . And this is only year 2 of college of the first of 4 kids!

Dang it!!

2 comments:

Pam Teel said...

Nope -- doesn't get it any easier. Everyone (including the children) just ceases to be as sympathetic!

Hugh said...

Well John. I have a little bit of understanding of what you are going through. Even thought it won't be another 12 to 15 years before Josiah and Dakota head to college. Hopefully this will help with the other three when it is their turn. :):):)

TTFN

Hugh Beresford