Friday, August 1, 2008

Is It Fall Yet?

First day of August.

How many of you are thankful that Summer is a month away from being over??? Summer is great in many ways, but around my house it's so hard to find any rhythm in the Summer - it seems like we're going a new direction every week!

And the Fall (and I know . . . there is really NO climate season of 'Fall' in Corpus . . . but I'm talking about the moving of the calendar to September :) brings: a fresh start, a new semester, new relationships, new adventures, new opportunities.

In just a couple of weeks Emily leaves back to college and before then I'm hoping to sit down with each my kids and talk with them about goals for this next year in 3 different areas: spiritual goals, academic goals, and physical/athletic goals.

I know that many times we only think of life goals in January . . . but I have found that moving forward in this journey is much of the time easier when I break it down and bite off smaller chunks of time.

You may not of thought about it yet -- but as we enter a new season, what would be goals for you in growing in your relationship with God this Fall? Or, how about in building relationships with those who need to know Jesus? Or in stepping out in risk to serve the Kingdom?

What do you think?

No comments: