Saturday, August 2, 2008

Be a Life Giver!

This week on the creek texts (click here and here if you don't know what I'm talking about) --- we've been focusing on the power of the stuff that comes out of our mouths (and a big thanks to Nathan L. who brought the message last week!) . . . . .

'Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.' Prov 16:24

'The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.' Prov 18:21

'An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.' Prov 12:25


And then yesterday, someone who I respect sat down with me and just for a couple of minutes (just a couple of stinkin' minutes) told me how much he appreciated me and how well he felt like I was leading Oso Creek.

You know what, IT WORKS! I'm still living off the power of those words today!

Now, I'm not talking about insincere chatter, but if we will only choose to see God in the lives of those around us and then pull what we see to the surface -- then we speak LIFE and HEALING into people's lives!

I challenge you to see how many more times you can do it this weekend!

No comments: