Saturday, August 16, 2008

Semper Paratus

Rick Thornton is one of our faithful men on the Leadership Team at Oso Creek. He has also courageously and faithfully served our Country for the past 30 years.

Yesterday I had the incredible privilege of being a part of his retirement ceremony as he ended his military career. (Pic w/Susie his beautiful bride)

One of most meaningful and powerful things I have gotten to do here at Oso Creek is to interact with, serve, and serve alongside many incredible men and women who sacrifice their lives for the sake of our country. There are none more honorable.

The Coast Guard's motto is: Semper Paratus . . . 'Always Ready'
My prayer for you Rick is that in this new season of life you continue to remain 'Always Ready' to serve the King and the Kingdom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I praise God for the likes of "The Ricker". He is an awesome man to know and I am grateful for the influence he has had in my life as well as in the body of Christ.

Congratulations and thank you Thornton family!