Saturday, March 1, 2008

Challenging Athletes

In a couple of hours I'm heading out to Camp Zephyr to speak to a group of young athletes on an FCA retreat.

As a general rule I don't schedule other ministry opportunities on Saturday afternoon/night to make sure that I protect Sunday morning, but I'm really looking forward to this.

I love being around athletes and speaking their language and challenging them. Tonight I'm going to challenge them to truly be different - to not just be a social group of 'Christian' athletes, but to dare to follow Jesus. It's gonna be fun.

1 comment:

darren M! said...

hey pastor john, its darren miller.
i hope you still remember me. im sylvia's NEPHEW.
well i came by to check things out with the church and such.
also to ask if the church is still going to kids camp @ zephyr every summer. if so i would definently want to go, i would like to be in the worship team if possible. i play drums and i want to help reach out to those in need for god.
well e-mail me at any time because i probably wont use this again.

darrenmiller3101@hotmail.com

thanks,
P.S: is it possible for me to also be a camp counsilor there?