Thursday, November 29, 2007

What Are You Expecting Today?

It's so easy to live life in a rut, or at a pity party, or in front of the stinkin' tv/internet/email. What are you expecting God to do today?

Read Ephesians 3:20: "Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope?"

Read it again.
No, really, read it again.

It just struck me today. Why so often don't I dare to ask or hope? Why are we just content living in this place apart from God's fullness?
What are you thinking can't be fixed or can't be healed or can't be done?

Expect God. I dare you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - what a great reminder! I was just feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I need to get done in the next several days. What I really need to do is get on my knees and ask God to help - and then expect that He will. He always comes through! Thanks for the reminder Pastor John.

Colleen