Saturday, November 17, 2007

Keep Running!

". . . But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Phil 3:13-14)

God keeps impressing on me this this need to courageously persevere. Pressing on to what's ahead.

Just the last couple of days I've been sent two links that illustrate this so powerfully:

First a young female runner in Ohio finishes the State Cross Country meet with a leg broken not once, but TWICE! This is a powerful story & video - story & video

And then Sherman Jones - a wartime hero from Spade, Texas - wow this is awesome! video

How is God encouraging you to press on today? Let us know and encourage us . . . and keep going!!


1 comment:

Pam Teel said...

I have been challenged in two very different arenas as of late to persevere, to press on to do what God has called me to do. One is the area of work, and the second is the area of our church family. I am reminded that our church is a family and disagreements WILL occur, but we don't run the other way when they do, because God has called us to this ministry.