Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Egomailiacs

On Sunday I talked about how we decimate our life with Christ when we get mesmerized on our perceived inadequacies instead of seeing the 'God Possibilities.'

This Summer when we were in Pennsylvania, as I was running one day, I discovered an interesting phenomenon among Pennsylvanianites. They're egomailiacs. Almost every single house where I was had these HUGE mailboxes! Like the size of 4 of my mailboxes. I mean huge! You could get a turkey AND dressing, or a medium sized dog in there! (maybe both!)

I guess in Pennsylvania people EXPECT something BIG to come in the mail. Wow, I thought, shouldn't we have BIG spiritual mailboxes? Didn't God say that He could do more than we could ask or imagine? Are you expecting big things from God?

When we quit looking at ourselves and look at the God of Creation and expecting HIS possibilities, watch out! Your box is gonna get BIG . . . and FULL!

No comments: