Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Athletics & Jesus

The King Girls Basketball season began last night and we smoked the Mathis Lady Pirates! I'm excited about my daughters having the opportunity to play JV & Varsity basketball this year, but I'm just as excited about the opportunity God has given me with the Varsity Girls.

The Coach has asked me to come before every game and share a devotional and pray with the team. Last night I talked about one of my favorite verses, Proverbs 4:23:

"Above all else guard your heart. For it is the wellspring of life!"

I told them that the heart is the seed of life - and that most importantly the spiritual life begins with a heart focused on Jesus.
I went on to relate it to basketball - and life - in that those who live from the heart (and not just on their physical talent and/or intelligence) are those who find fulfillment and victory!

Please pray for me as I relate God's truth to these young ladies and coaches. This weekend we have a tournament and I plan on spending each pre-game talking about courage.
My hope is to be salt and to unwrap the Hope of Christ through the season.

No comments: