Friday, November 16, 2007

Church Sign Terrorists

When we were moving onto our land several folks approached me about getting a church sign that we could put little sayings on. I would rather have an AC/DC concert on Easter Sunday.

I think that many church signs have been as instrumental in pushing people away from God as the loving 'Christians' who carry the 'God Hates Fags' signs (Don't believe me check out their website - click here - wow! and yes, sadly, it's for real!)

OK, maybe a slight exaggeration, but check out admissable evidence A: Perry Noble's blog on bad church signs :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, first, Fred Phelps is a real peach and sadly it seems he is off the everyday Christian radar but gays and lesbians know all about this dude. I'm glad to see you linked his website. We need to get a lot more righteous anger against him to drown out his hideous noise.

Second, I howled in laughter over that other website. Seriously, "a tisket a tasket a condom or casket"?? What are these people thinking?! lol

Third, I couldn't agree with you more about those signs. I have often wondered if even ONE SINGLE SOUL ever came to Christ because a church sign told them that God loves them.

Fourth, what's wrong with AC/DC? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok - My thought -- I'm of the generation who created these signs!

Anonymous said...

You doggin' on AC/DC? You should put it on your church sign....ha.

I simply cannot believe that first website. I really am shocked. I wonder if there is anyone picketing around their church holding up signs that point out their sins? Maybe, "God hates fault-finders". Or perhaps "God hates Pharisees".

What ever happened to, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

What about "perhaps if you remove the log from your own eye you will see well enough to remove the speck in your friend's eye?

Anonymous said...

And not only that, but if God IS Love, can there be any hate in him?

And it's kind of ironic, we're sitting here pointing out their faults too! Holy discontent perhaps.