Monday, November 3, 2008

Survey Says?

Thanks to my good friend Dan who served us in an awesome way yesterday as he filled in for me and hit it out of the park!
He encouraged us to 'hang tough' and keep our hearts and minds focused on our future and the reward that God promises in eternity. I could hear that every week. (Minus the snot! OK, you had to be there!)

This week I'll g0 back to the Elephants --- 2 more to go . . .

I've really enjoyed the Elephants and gotten a lot of great feedback. I can see us talking about other 'Elephants' in the future and so I've got a question for you while it's on our minds . . .

What other Elephants in the Church would you like to hear about? What else is lurking out there that no one is talking about?

Your 'comments' on this post will really help me to plan in the future!

2 comments:

Greg Richmond said...

Couple things came to mind. First, the other of the two things we don't talk about - "Religion." Why being religious is different than being a Christian - and why we sing happily about it dying!

Secondly, and I am not talking about Fellowship of Oso Creek specifically, but as a Christian body, we often avoid talking about the devil! We sometimes even avoid saying the word “satan” or “the evil one”, as if he doesn't exist - almost like it's just Heaven and Earth. We almost portray that the consequence for not believing in Christ is just living an unblessed mundane secular life - not the eternal consequence. I am not saying that we need to preach fear and obsess about Hell, because my personal style of spreading the gospel concentrates on the Love and Grace of Christ. But whether we like it or not, we are at WAR, and we need to remember who we are dealing with! Satan is constantly messing with us, attacking us, manipulating us, telling us lies, and opening paths of temptation - So I want us to get better at calling him out for who he is and protecting ourselves from him! Plus, isn't it great that we already know ahead of time who wins this war! Let’s fear God, not the loser.

John Bradshaw said...

Thanks Greg! Who else?????