Monday, January 14, 2008

I Need Truth

Yesterday in my message, I promised to dig deeper into having vision for our relationship with God.
As I shared yesterday, I began the year reading in the book of James and the passage that's weighed on me the heaviest is James 1:22-25. The first verse say this:

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Yesterday I talked about how receiving, nurturing and living out God's Truth is central to a fruitful, multiplying life. Period.

Man, I know how much I needed a new commitment to not 'merely listening', but truly engaging in Truth. And that takes time, it takes attention. It has to soak in me.
You know, Doing 'what is says' doesn't just refer to doing good things. It also refers to being - inwardly being - the person has called us to be. It is just as spiritual to humble ourselves into being still and not doing sometimes, as it is to do.

The bottom line is that fruit is born as we don't just listen through our ears . . . but we soak in our souls and follow with our lives.

I want to remind you that TODAY Creek Living Water began . . . an awesome blog that we have designed where you can go and get daily Truth. Check it out.

2 comments:

Greg Richmond said...

Thanks to John and Kim for Creek Living Water - an actual solution to those of us who find excuses not to get in the Word daily. If you wake up late or forget your Bible at home you can check the blog from anywhere that has an internet connection - yes - even at work - very encouraging!

John Bradshaw said...

Amen! Thanks Kim!