Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Why a Blog?

Or maybe the best place to start is, 'What's a blog?'

A blog is simply short for 'weblog.' Or a way to log thoughts, dreams, encouragement --- or whatever else --- in an electronic journal of sorts.

But a blog is better than just an electronic journal - and that leads to why I'm beginning a blog!

First of all, a blog allows me to communicate with you in a quick, dynamic way. Unlike a website, where you have to log into the website and see if something has changed, every time I 'publish' (send out) a new blog it is mailed right to you. That's cool.

And then this is what I really like. Unlike a web site where it's just info you read, or a mass email where you can only respond to me -- a blog allows you to post comments that anyone on the blog can see! So we can all interact.
See at the bottom where it says 'COMMENTS' . . . just click on that and you can not only leave your own comments but read and interact with everyone else's comments!

My goal is to blog 3-5 times a week. My hope is that this is going to be a tool that will allow me to more easily and effectively encourage you, and keep you updated on what's going on at the Creek. And that it will also be a tool that you can use to introduce your friends to the Kingdom!

So, Welcome! What do you think? What questions do you have?

4 comments:

Nathan Lindell said...

Very cool! Let me be the first to sign up/comment.

Shammah Rodriguez said...

Great!

Kim said...

This will be an awesome thing!

Jade said...

i look forward to this new creek experience.